International Journal of Cast Metals Research (ISSN : 1364-0461)
|The International Journal of Cast Metals Research is devoted to the dissemination of peer reviewed information on the science and engineering of cast metals, solidification and casting processes.
Assured production of high integrity castings requires an integrated approach that optimises casting, mould and gating design; mould materials and binders; alloy composition and microstructure; metal melting, modification and handling; dimensional control; and finishing and post-treatment of the casting. The journal reports advances in both the fundamental science and materials and production engineering contributing to the successful manufacture of fit for purpose castings.
Coverage encompasses all casting technologies and includes, but is not limited to:
- computer aided design
- rapid prototyping
- novel and net shape casting technologies
- mouldmaking, mould materials and binders
- mould and gating design
- melting and liquid metal treatment and transport
- modelling and simulation of metal flow and solidification
- casting alloy design and modification
- control of nucleation, solidification and microstructure
- mechanical properties and service performance
- post-casting treatments: machining, heat treatment, sealing, surface modification
- quality control and non-destructive testing
- process automation and robotics
- safety and environmental issues, including energy conservation
The International Journal of Cast Metals Research is published by Maney Publishing. For information about subscribing and contributing to the journal, please visit the Maney Publishing website.
You can also contact Maney Publishing directly:
Customer Sales and Service Department,
Suite 1C, Joseph's Well, Hanover Walk, Leeds LS3 1AB, UK
Tel: +44 (0)113 386 8168
Fax: +44 (0)113 386 8178