Castings Technology is a leader in foundry manufacturing and a global provider of consultancy services to support the metallurgical and manufacturing requirements of foundries, castings users and product designers.
Our ability to support you and your clients takes many forms including; manufacturing for you directly or through access to our many sub-contract services. We are here to ensure that casting remains the best choice for near-net shape components.
Castings Technology operates from a purpose-built facility in the heart of the Advanced Manufacturing Park in South Yorkshire, UK. The 10,000 m² facility houses the latest pattern-making, moulding, vacuum and air melt casting facilities together with support services.
We also offer:
- 5-axis CNC machining using the latest tooling and pallet loading techniques
- 3D sand printing equipment to rapidly produce accurate patterns and moulds.
- Induction Skull Melting (ISM) furnaces for titanium and reactive alloys
- Vacuum Arc Remelting (VAR) furnace – Europe’s largest for titanium and reactive alloys
- Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM)
- Air melt with a finished weight of up to 1000kg
- Over 200 different alloys from carbon steel to duplex alloys, aluminium, titanium, stellite and nickel aluminium bronze (NAB)
- Castings Technology aspires to be recognised as the leading international manufacturer of complex, high integrity metal castings in steels, lightweight alloys, nickel and titanium
- We are committed to the pursuit of excellence and are ambitious, innovative and creative
- All our employees are trained to uphold the company’s standards for sustainability, the environment and health and safety
- To promote the use of casting as a proven and highly effective long-term alternative to additive, subtractive and other near-net technologies; including forging