Castings Technology offers the following services on a sub-contract basis to support the metals’ manufacturing industry. Please note that preferential rates are available to our Members.
CMM and laser scanning
Ideal for breakdown or legacy components where pattern equipment may be obsolete or unsuitable for use in production. This equipment can be used to establish machining datums or final dimensional inspection criteria.
Mould design and pouring simulation
To achieve a casting which is always “right first time”
3D sand printed moulds and cores
Produced directly from a CAD design drawing. This capability offers cost effective, high dimensional accuracy and closer tolerances when compared with traditional sand moulding techniques. Core production is available to support hybrid moulding requirements or flexible design modifications. Castings Technology can also offer short lead time capability.
Deliver ultra-flexible design capabilities saving cost and time. They can be used to convert multi-part assemblies into single integrated cast components often eliminating flanges, joints and welded assembles.
We offer a flexible melting option to support your business when your capacity is constrained
We can provide customised melt procedures and specific guidance on a wide range of alloys.
- Normalising, stress relieve, water quench, air cool
- Temp ranges- 600°c-1200°c
- Max load weight- 2.5 tonne
TAV Vacuum furnace:
- Stress Relieve, Tempering, Solution treatment, Vacuum cool or Argon Gas Fan Quench cool
- Max Load weight 2.5 Tonne
Seco Vacuum furnace:
- Carburising, Stress Relieve, Tempering, Solution treatment, Vacuum cool or Argon Gas Fan Quench
- Max Load weight 2 Tonne
- Water Quench, Polymer Quench, Solution treatment & Low temp stress relieve
- Max Load weight 500kg
A comprehensive casting repair and upgrade service in a wide range of alloys inclusive of steels and titanium. We only use coded welders for this operation
Complete facility available
Advice and subcontract service
Proof and finish machining
Our latest investments have extended our range and are available to support you and your customers on a sub-contract basis
- Manufacturer : DMG Mori – DMC 85 Universal Machining Centre cutting envelope = 935 mm x 850 mm x 650 mm / 36.8 in x 33.5 in x 25.6
- Manufacturer : XYZ Model : 710 VMC
- Description : 3-Axis Milling Machine. BT40 Spindle mount. Cutting envelope = 710mm x 450mm x 510mm
- Manufacturer : XYZ Model : PROTURN SLX 425
- Description : Lathe. 25-2500 RPM @ 10HP spindle. MT5 Tailstock taper. Cutting envelope = Diameter: 260mm Length:2000mm